I decided to go on a 40+ days Vegan/ Raw Vegan journey to not only detox my body, but also my mind. I believe food became a hindrance for myself as I used it to indulge, suppress my emotions, and cloud certain aspects of my life. Not to mention the negative health affects that can occur from not eating in moderation or just overall eating unhealthy. (The vegan diet can make you gain weight remember calories in v.s. calories out!) Alright let’s get to it! Down below I will address what has changed in my life since doing a vegan diet.
First, I’ll show some days of what I ate and will list what physically changed for me. What I learned most about a vegan diet is that you can still be unhealthy. Restaurant french fries (usually not vegan and the amount of oil used is crazy), non-dairy ice cream, and Oreos (yes Oreos!) are loaded with salt, sugar, and calories. I’m not saying not to eat these at all because I did have a sweet tooth here and there it just needed to be in moderation. Listening and learning my body was key and after about 2 weeks it was actually very easy to do a vegan diet without eating a bunch of junk and without much thought. Also, it’s not boring! I found plenty of recipes and I was full! Here is what I ate throughout the 40+days:
- Go Lean Cereal Honey Almond Flax with Silk Light Vanilla Almond Milk
- Salad- Romaine and Field Greens, Enadame, Black Beans, Cucumbers, Red Onions, Corn, Olives, Cilantro Lime Vinagrette, Season Lavish Crackers,
- Pasta Salad with Basil, Cucumbers, Tomatos
- Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Vegan Chips
- Soba Noodle Bowl with Edamame
- Vegan Burrito Bowl
- Vegan Teriyaki Stir Fry
- So Delicious Cashew Milk Very Vanilla Ice Cream
- Vegan Chilli, Tortilla Chips, Gardien Chik’n Strips, Guacamole and Nutritional Yeast (Tastes A Little Like Cheese It’s Good!)
- Vegan Tacos-meatless beef, salsa, guacamole, nutritional yeast and vegan taco shells
Day 40- Salad- olive oil vinaigrette, corn, black beans, tomatoes, spring mix and romaine
I went for about 8 more days on a raw vegan diet that included smoothies, salads, and overnight oats. Here is what happened to me physically after 40+ days of the vegan diet:
- Great digestion.
- Anti-Aging- wrinkles started to disappear or lessen in appearance.
- Body odor almost non-existent.
- No aches or pains- I was taking ibuprofen almost everyday and completely stopped after this experience.
- No mucus.
- Eyes became bright white as mine were beginning to yellow.
- Menstrual cycle- cramps significantly lessened, pretty much a painless cycle.
- Overall better feeling of well-being, clear mind, and high energy!
- I am highly aware of what is in what I eat and I rarely do mindless or emotional eating anymore and I am more encouraged to choose healthier eating options.
- Skin breakout! Alot of pimples. However, starting at the beginning of May after being off the vegan diet for a little over a month my skin is now the clearest it has been in years. Maybe my skin just needed to detox or could have been hormonal.
- I did lose about 15 pounds but that was towards the end of the diet and I gained it right back. However, because I learned alot about my body through this process I realized it was water weight and I was still eating too many carbs for MY body. This isn’t really a con more of my fault.
- Brain Fog- After taking a B-12 supplement( when eating vegan sometimes the individual doesn’t get enough of this vitamin) it went away after a couple days.
Well, I’m thinking about doing another vegan journey soon as this experience definitely exceeded my expectations! Leave your thoughts and comments below!